Tetra Tech ARD, based in Burlington, Vermont (www.tetratechintdev.com) is accepting expressions of interest for a full time Contract Staffing Specialist (CSS) to join its International Consulting Services unit. The CSS works under the general supervision of the Director of International Consultant Services, and is also accountable to technical staff members for leading all recruitment and staffing processes for proposals and supporting that of projects. The ideal candidate is familiar with international development, is a strong communicator across cultures, and exceptionally well-organized. The position is based in Burlington, Vermont or Washington, DC.
* Perform searches of the professional roster, social media, and other sources and network to identify appropriate candidates for development opportunities;
* In collaboration with technical teams, set recruitment targets, and update and collaborate with teams on recruitment efforts;
* Contact potential candidates and maintain communication to gauge interest and availability and collect needed documentation, and check professional references;
* Assist in maintenance of professional roster and ensure timely and accurate candidate data inputs;
* Verify candidate salary history and collaborate on salary negotiation with the Director of HR;
* As needed, request or provide tailoring of candidates’ CVs; and
* Ensure professional, current, and clear communication on recruitment with proposal teams and consultants.
* Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in area related to one of the firm’s technical sectors;
* Minimum of 3 (three) years of experience in recruitment, outreach, and/or marketing of USAID (or other major development donor) staffing experience required;
* Demonstrably excellent intercultural communication and information management skills, with very strong attention to detail;
* Excellent ability to integrate into teams smoothly and understand requirements quickly;
* Demonstrable ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines;
* Very strong writing and synthesis skills;
* High level proficiency MS-Office applications and databases;
* Fluent language skills in French, or Spanish required;
* Must be comfortable working in a fast paced and sometimes intense work environment;
* Must be an energetic and enthusiastic collaborative team player as well as a strong independent worker;
* Familiarity with or exposure to international development activities strongly preferred; and
* U.S. citizenship or a valid U.S. work permit is an absolute requirement.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Letter of application explaining individual qualifications for this opportunity.
* Current resume in reverse chronological format.
* List of at least 3 professional references including name, contact information and statement of relationship to the reference
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered.
No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. We are a diverse company, including individuals with expertise in science, research, engineering, construction, and information technology. Our strength is in collectively providing integrated services—delivering the best solutions to meet our clients' needs. With more than 14,000 employees worldwide, 350 offices worldwide and 2.75 Billion in revenue in FY 2012, Tetra Tech’s capabilities span the entire project cycle. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer.tra Tech ARD is committed to diversity and gender equality in all of its operations- in the U.S and overseas. We strive to reflect these goals in our global mission and in our workplace. We encourage applications from women and underrepresented ethnic, racial and cultural groups. Tetra Tech ARD is proud to be an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer.