Tetra Tech ARD, based in Burlington, Vermont (www.tetratechintdev.com) has an immediate opening for a full time GIS Technician to join its Spatial Technology Unit. The unit provides geospatial expertise for multiple international development projects across technical sectors. This position requires an individual who is technically capable and experienced in the application of GIS, understands that the implementation of GIS is dependent upon proactive outreach to clients and colleagues, and is capable of working around the world under challenging conditions.
* Collaborate with members of technical sectors and GIS unit on survey enumeration, map series creation, compilation on available geospatial data sets, and new business development efforts;
* Collaborate with business development or project staff on short and medium term technical assignments in the home office and field;
* Represent the interests of the GIS Unit internally, within Tetra Tech’s International Development Services unit, and with the client;
* Assist with general marketing efforts and tracking of opportunities for the firm; and
* Other complementary and necessary duties as assigned by the Unit Director.
* Advanced degree in GIS, remote sensing, geography, or other related field required;
* Minimum of five (5) years of experience in GIS consulting, program development, and implementation with international field experience;
* High technical proficiency in ESRI software (desktop essential, server advantageous), capable of learning additional GIS or image processing software packages, and comfortable working with other, non-spatial, database systems;
* Ability to contribute technical knowledge and skills, in addition to his/her GIS and related skills, to one or more of Tetra Tech’s business sectors;
* Strong record of self-direction and independent work;
* Experience training non-specialist staff on the uses of GPS, GIS and RS in support of project objectives;
* Demonstrated strong technical writing skills and capacity to synthesize high volumes of information into key messages and to various audiences;
* Outstanding interpersonal and intercultural skills;
* Very strong time management, multi-tasking, and organizational skills;
* Speaking, reading and writing fluency in at least one foreign language: French or Arabic preferred;
* Availability for frequent overseas travel on short- and medium-term assignments with as much as 40% international travel to developing countries; and
* U.S. citizenship or a valid U.S. work permit is mandatory.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of this online application process:
* A letter of application explaining individual qualifications for this opportunity
* A current CV in reverse chronological format
* A list of at least 3 professional references including name, contact information, and statement of relationship
* A writing sample of a technical nature no more than 10 pages in length where the applicant is the sole author
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered.
No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. We are a diverse company, including individuals with expertise in science, research, engineering, construction, and information technology. Our strength is in collectively providing integrated services—delivering the best solutions to meet our clients' needs. With more than 14,000 employees worldwide, 350 offices worldwide and 2.75 Billion in revenue in FY 2012, Tetra Tech’s capabilities span the entire project cycle. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer.