Tetra Tech ARD, headquartered in Burlington, Vermont is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for to join our Agriculture and Economic Growth (AEG) Sector in the positions of Associates or Senior Associates. The Sector leads Tetra Tech ARD’s international work in agriculture and private sector development, implementing projects and providing technical resources and solutions to the other sectors – Water Resources and Infrastructure, Land Tenure and Property Rights, Democracy and Governance, and Environment and Natural Resources. These positions will advise clients in developing nations in areas such as agricultural value chain selection and upgrading, market development, access to finance, development of partnerships, and the design and implementation of strategies to improve food security, address poverty, stimulate job creation, and more generally, to enhance economic growth. These career positions include working in multidisciplinary teams, writing proposals, marketing our services, managing projects and contracts, and carrying out technical assignments.
* Identify, pursue, strategize, and lead the preparation of proposals for agriculture and private sector development and food security projects in developing countries, including countries in conflict and transition;
* Represent Tetra Tech ARD to clients in the US and developing countries;
* Develop and promote best practices and new approaches that address constraints in strengthening economic growth through identification of prospective clients and strategies to meet those needs, including writing position papers and coordinating marketing efforts;
* Travel regularly to provide technical assistance to projects, and to provide management and training support to project field staff, including project start-up and close-out;
* Provide periodic in-country coverage for project management for extended periods, as needed; and
* Provide technical advice and solutions to proposal development and projects in other Tetra Tech ARD sectors.
* Minimum of Master’s degree in agriculture, economic development, or business management;
* Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in development consulting with either a for-profit or a not-for-profit firm;
* At least three (3) years of supervisory or management experience;
* Technical knowledge and experience directly relevant to agricultural and private sector development – new business tracking and proposal development, project implementation and management oversight (technical and financial), and carrying out technical assignments;
* Demonstrated knowledge of USAID, particularly activities in food security, Feed the Future, and USAID FORWARD;
* Ability to work in multi-disciplinary, cross cultural teams - in the Home Office and the field - with strong written, oral, and presentation skills;
* Demonstrated commitment to client satisfaction, through technical excellence of deliverables and/or managerial strengths in scope, schedule, and budget;
* Track record in leading and/or writing winning proposals;
* Strong proficiency in at least one foreign language;
* Highly motivated, and self-starter, able to work both in teams and independently;
* Availability for 40% international travel to developing, post-conflict, and transitioning countries;
* Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite and familiarity with databases, and
* U.S. citizenship or a current, valid U.S. work permit is mandatory.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
* Writing Sample (must be sole authorship, maximum 10 pages)
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech ARD’s ad posted.
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. We are a diverse company, including individuals with expertise in science, research, engineering, construction, and information technology. Our strength is in collectively providing integrated services—delivering the best solutions to meet our clients' needs. With more than 14,000 employees worldwide, 350 offices worldwide and $2.6 Billion revenue in 2013, Tetra Tech’s capabilities span the entire project cycle. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer.