Tetra Tech ARD, headquartered in Burlington, Vermont (http:www.tetratechintdev.com/) is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified Office Assistant candidates for the Burlington, Vermont Home Office. The Office Assistant is a member of Tetra Tech ARD’s administrative support staff team and is responsible to the Administrative Manager. This individual is expected to develop a broad understanding of projects that Tetra Tech ARD is tracking and implementing to successfully process communications about them and to offer support to staff members who are working on these projects. As is true for all members of the administrative support staff, this person is expected to display exemplary interpersonal communication skills and a willingness to backstop other members of the team when successful completion of support operations requires a cooperative effort.
* Process consultant agreements for overseas and home office staff;
* Receive all procurements shipped to the home office and enter new items into inventory as needed;
* Act as phone backup and answer all calls in the absence of other administrative support staff;
* Distribute all mail and coordinate courier shipments (via USPS, DHL, and FedEx) to domestic and international locations;
* Assist with the distribution of incoming electronic faxes;
* Backstop the Mailbox Master for Outlook;
* Maintain critical staff travel documents;
* Copy and scan documents as requested and assist staff in specialized copying tasks;
* Keep main supply closet, kitchen and lunchroom tidy and stocked with necessary supplies (e.g., office supplies, milk, newspapers);
* Receive and log incoming shipments from vendors;
* Backstop Travel Coordinator and Specialist with uploading itineraries and obtaining MEDEX for staff travel; and
* Other responsibilities as deemed appropriate and necessary.
* High School Diploma or GED equivalent, Bachelor’s degree strongly desired;
* At least two (2) years of professional experience in office reception/administrative assistant role;
* Ability to comfortably respond to and manage a multi-line phone system;
* High level proficiency in MS Office and data entry and database management;
* Must be able to lift fifty (50) lbs;
* Must be extremely dependable, trustworthy, and flexible;
* Must be comfortable working in a fast paced and sometimes intense work environment;
* Outstanding multi-tasking and organizational capabilities;
* Must be an energetic, enthusiastic, and positive collaborative team player;
* Very strong interpersonal and intercultural communication skills absolutely required;
* Strong competence in office business machine operations and office management (faxing, filing, copying); and
* U.S. citizenship or a valid U.S. work permit is mandatory.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
* Reference List
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech ARD’s ad posted.
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. We are a diverse company, including individuals with expertise in science, research, engineering, construction, and information technology. Our strength is in collectively providing integrated services—delivering the best solutions to meet our clients' needs. With more than 14,000 employees worldwide, 350 offices worldwide and 2.75 Billion in revenue in FY 2012, Tetra Tech’s capabilities span the entire project cycle. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer.