Tetra Tech ARD, headquartered in Burlington, Vermont is accepting expressions of interest from highly qualified candidates to join the firm’s Water Resources and Infrastructure (WRI) Sector at the Associate or Senior Associate level. Candidates will support the sector in a broad suite of new business development and project implementation functions, primarily, but not limited to USAID-funded opportunities and projects. Candidates shall have expertise in one or more of the following technical areas: water supply, sanitation and hygiene (WASH), water utilities management and operations, private sector participation and innovative financing in the water sector, and water resources management, including but not limited to water governance, water law and water rights, conflict mitigation in water management, and urban and/or agricultural water use efficiency and demand management. Candidates must have demonstrated proficiency with new business development, proposal writing and contract management in the field of international development and must be able to articulate a solid understanding of development challenges and constrains in the water sector.
The position will be based in Tetra Tech ARD's home office in Burlington, Vermont or its satellite office in Arlington, Virginia. The successful candidate occupying the Virginia-based position will play a strong networking role with Tetra Tech ARD’s partners and other Washington, DC-based organizations.
* Lead new business development opportunities in the WRI sector, including marketing, reconnaissance, positioning, proposal management and proposal writing;
* Provide home office contract management and implementation oversight for on-going field projects, including financial management;
* Develop business/marketing strategies for advancing water sector services that integrate economic growth, natural resources and the environment, property rights, and governance;
* Provide technical assistance either for short-term international assignments or in a home office advisory capacity; and
* Represent Tetra Tech to clients in the US and overseas.
* Minimum of seven (7) years (for Associate level) and twelve (12) years (for Senior Associate level) of relevant professional experience, including at least five (5) to seven (7) years of overseas experience in developing countries working on donor funded projects. Experience should be in a technical area(s) directly relevant to the WRI sector, such as indicated above;
* Graduate degree in a relevant discipline (e.g., civil engineering, water resources management, resource economics) required;
* Strong knowledge of and direct experience with implementation of international donor projects, preferably USAID- funded projects. Familiarity and experience with multilateral development bank and European bilateral donor process and projects in the water sector highly desirable;
* Excellent writing and communication skills and prior successful experience in proposal development responding to USAID procurements;
* Demonstrated commitment to client satisfaction through technical excellence of deliverables and/or managerial strengths adhering to scope, schedule and budgetary constraints;
* Energetic and enthusiastic collaborative team player;
* Self-motivated and able to work with minimal guidance on multiple concurrent tasks to achieve results;
* Strong intercultural and interpersonal communication skills;
* Availability for international travel (20-40%), including to conflict and post-conflict countries;
* English fluency required and professional proficiency in at least one foreign language is strongly preferred (especially in French, Arabic and/or Spanish);
* High proficiency in MS Office applications;
* Must be comfortable working in a fast paced and sometimes intense work environment; and
* U.S. citizenship or a valid U.S. work permit is an absolute requirement.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Letter of application explaining individual qualifications for this opportunity.
* Current CV in reverse chronological format.
* List of at least 3 professional references including name, contact information and statement of relationship to the reference.
* A writing sample of a technical nature of no more than 10 pages, in which the applicant is the solo author or highlighting sections the applicant wrote.
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded (Word, rtf, or PDF only), as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration.
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered.
No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. We are a diverse company, including individuals with expertise in science, research, engineering, construction, and information technology. Our strength is in collectively providing integrated services—delivering the best solutions to meet our clients' needs. With more than 13,000 employees worldwide, 300 offices worldwide and $2.5 Billion revenue in 2014, Tetra Tech’s capabilities span the entire project cycle. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.