CONFLICT AND DEMOCRACY AND GOVERNANCE SPECIALIST – ASSOCIATE/SENIOR ASSOCIATE
Tetra Tech ARD (www.tetratechintdev.com), has immediate home office staff openings for qualified Conflict and DG Specialists with technical expertise in one or more of the following areas: alternative dispute resolution, conflict mitigation and post-conflict transitions, gender and social inclusion, youth engagement, civil-military relations, conflict resolution/ “people to people” approaches, transitional governance, democracy promotion, decentralization and local governance, anti-corruption, community engagement and civil society strengthening. The specialists will join Tetra Tech ARD’s Democracy and Governance (DG) Sector, and will work on both program implementation and new business development, primarily for USAID-funded projects. It is essential that candidates demonstrate prior proficiency with new business development, proposal writing, and contract management in either the non-profit or for-profit field of international development. Candidates should be interested in career development opportunities that lead to overseas assignments and senior home-office roles.
The position will be based in Tetra Tech ARD's home office in Burlington, Vermont or its satellite office in Arlington, Virginia. The person occupying the Virginia based position will play a strong networking role with Tetra Tech ARD’s partners and other Washington, DC based organizations.
* A full portfolio of professional services in support of Tetra Tech ARD’s DG technical service areas. These include: new business development (marketing and proposal development), contract oversight and management, and strong financial management oversight;
* Design and lead strategies for supporting USG conflict mitigation and democracy and governance programming worldwide, particularly in post conflict and transitioning environments;
* Contributing to corporate strategic planning and business opportunity development at Tetra Tech ARD and more broadly with the Tetra Tech family of business units;
* Demonstrated excellence and qualifications in international conflict mitigation and democracy and governance technical service areas (e.g., conflict stabilization and reconstruction, civil society strengthening, youth and gender inclusion, civil-military relations, democracy promotion, decentralization and local governance, anti-corruption, analytical services, etc.);
* Minimum 8 - 15 years of professional experience, including at least 4-8 years of work experience in post conflict and/or transitioning environments overseas with strong client, supervisor and peer recommendations;
* Previous experience managing integrated teams (e.g., Chief of Party, Country Director or Team Leader);
* Master’s degree in international development, public administration, conflict mitigation, political science, social science or anthropology, or a related field;
* Demonstrated writing ability and previous successful proposal development experience responding to USAID and USG procurements;
* Fluency in English required; other language skills, written and spoken, necessary;
* High level proficiency in MS Office applications;
* Professional experience with the use of social media applications desirable;
* Demonstrated strengths in multi-tasking and with team work;
* Experience working with non-profit organizations worldwide and familiarity with USAID grants mechanisms desirable;
* Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced and sometimes intense work environment;
* Ability to conduct frequent short-term international field work in post conflict and transitioning locations; (30% - 50% of the time);
* U.S. citizenship or a valid U.S. work permit is an absolute requirement.
In addition to a collaborative and family-friendly work environment, Tetra Tech values diverse, energetic, and enthusiastic team players who are committed to high levels of performance and who are dedicated to providing superior services at all levels of the firm.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line application process:
* A letter of application explaining individual qualifications for this opportunity
* A current CV in reverse chronological format
* A list of at least 3 professional references including name, contact information, and statement of relationship to the reference.
* A writing sample of a technical nature no more than 10 pages in length where the applicant is the sole author.
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered.
No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. We are a diverse company, including individuals with expertise in science, research, engineering, construction, and information technology. Our strength is in collectively providing integrated services—delivering the best solutions to meet our clients' needs. With more than 14,000 employees worldwide, 350 offices worldwide and 2.75 Billion revenue in FY 2012, Tetra Tech’s capabilities span the entire project cycle. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer.