Tetra Tech ARD is accepting expressions of interest for a qualified Staff Associate in the following areas: Global Climate Change Adaptation, Forestry (REDD/REDD Plus), Coastal and Fisheries Management and NRM-related Food Security (tied to Feed the Future), and environmental compliance. This Staff Associate will join Tetra Tech ARD’s Environment & Natural Resources (ENR) Sector, and will work on both program implementation and new business development, primarily for USAID-funded projects. It is essential that candidates demonstrate prior proficiency with new business development (including budget development and management), proposal writing, and contract management in either the non-profit or for-profit field of international development. Candidates should be interested in career development opportunities that lead to overseas assignments and senior home-office roles. This position will be preferably based in Tetra Tech ARD's home office in Burlington, Vermont, or possibly its satellite office in Arlington, Virginia.
* Contribute to strategies for sustainable natural resource management that integrate economic growth and governance;
* Assist in all aspects of proposal preparation;
* Provide technical assistance either for short-term international assignments or in a home office advisory capacity;
* Participate with the firm's general marketing activities and new business development;
* Support project management and implementation; and
* Assist Sector Director with coordination and management of the Sector.
* Graduate degree in forestry, environmental sciences, natural resource management, climate change, or ecology or other related field;
* At least 3-5 years of professional experience, including work overseas with strong client, supervisor and peer recommendations;
* Demonstrated excellence and qualifications in a natural resource or related field (e.g., forestry, biodiversity conservation, watershed management, geography, community based natural resources management, anthropology/sociology, property rights, human rights, resource economics, climate change adaptation, environmental compliance and management);
* Long-term project implementation experience;
* Previous experience managing integrated teams (e.g., Project Director, Chief of Party, Country Director or Team Leader);
* Knowledge of international donor projects, especially USAID-funded projects, highly desired;
* Speaking and reading proficiency in at least one foreign language highly desired (preferred languages include Spanish and French);
* High level proficiency in MS Office applications;
* Demonstrated strengths in multi-tasking and with team work;
* Must be comfortable working in a fast paced and sometimes intense work environment;
* This position requires frequent short-term international field work (30% - 50%); and
* U.S. citizenship or a valid U.S. work permit is an absolute requirement.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line application process:
* A letter of application explaining individual qualifications for this opportunity
* A current CV in reverse chronological format
* A list of at least 3 professional references including name, contact information, and statement of relationship to the reference
* A writing sample of a technical nature no more than 10 pages in length. The applicant must be the sole author.
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech ARD's ad posted.
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. We are a diverse company, including individuals with expertise in science, research, engineering, construction, and information technology. Our strength is in collectively providing integrated services—delivering the best solutions to meet our clients' needs. With more than 14,000 employees worldwide, 350 offices worldwide and $2.6 Billion revenue in 2013, Tetra Tech’s capabilities span the entire project cycle. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer.