Tetra Tech ARD is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (ME&L) Specialists for the USAID-funded Protecting Ecosystems and Restoring Forests in Malawi (PERFORM) program in Malawi. This multi-year program will promote rural livelihood development and forest conservation across Malawi and build the capacities of local institutions and communities to manage soil resources more efficiently, equitably and sustainably. This position will be full time and based in Lilongwe with frequent travel to the field required. Local candidates are encouraged to apply.
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Develop and manage the project’s Performance Monitoring Plan (PMP) in order to track progress towards achievement of project goals and intermediate results;
* Review current monitoring data collection protocols and work with project and regional teams to maintain and improve standardized data collection tools and guidelines;
* Coordinate with project team on geospatial analysis in order to produce maps and provide the information for key learning events;
* Coordinate monitoring and evaluation capacity building efforts for project partners and stakeholders.
*Graduate degree in Environmental Studies, Natural Resource Management, Forestry, Economics, Social Sciences or a related field; a masters is strongly preferred;
* Minimum 7 years of proven experience in managing monitoring, evaluation and learning systems of complex international development projects;
* Previous experience working on USAID funded projects as an M&E leader;
* Experience with ME&L for REDD+, carbon inventories and Monitoring, Reporting and Verification (MRV) is desirable;
* Demonstrated knowledge of ICT, land cover-mapping and use of GIS is highly desirable;
* Strong data analysis skills, with an emphasis in statistics and geographic information systems experience;
* Results-oriented with the ability to multi-task, as well as lead teams to manage diverse and time-sensitive activities;
* Experience in Malawi required;
* Excellent written and oral language skills in English are required.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of this on-line application process:
* A letter of application explaining individual qualifications for this opportunity
* A current CV in reverse chronological format
* A list of at least 3 professional references including name, contact information, and statement of relationship to the reference
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech ARD is committed to diversity and gender equality in all of its operations – in the US and overseas. We strive to reflect these goals in our global mission and in our workplace. We encourage applications from women and underrepresented ethnic, racial and cultural groups. Tetra Tech ARD is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.