Tetra Tech ARD, is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified Communications Specialist candidates for the anticipated 5-year USAID-funded Mikajy Activity in Madagascar. The aim of this site-based conservation activity will be to reduce threats to targeted protected areas and High Biodiversity Value (HBV) ecosystems through improved management, increased economic opportunities, access to social services, and support for more secure land and natural resource property and use rights.
The Communications Specialist will provide technical assistance, capacity development, and training to strengthen the capacity of provincial counterparts in communications, advocacy and citizen engagement.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications, Social Sciences or other relevant discipline in relation to areas of the program. Advanced degree preferred;
* Minimum of 3 years of demonstrable experience in communication, or in the media, including working on donor-funded development programs. Prior experience working on USAID-funded projects a plus;
* Relevant work experience in supporting advocacy or citizen engagement initiatives, including working with disadvantaged groups in society, including women, youth, and ethnic minorities;
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to work at all levels and functions within an organization;
* Professional Fluency in both French and English Required; Knowledge of Malagasy is highly recommended;
* Qualified Malagasy Nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
* CV in reverse chronological format
* Reference List
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech ARD’s ad posted.
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.